Sunday, August 24, 2014

Baby Girl Harrison

So first off, its been almost a year since I last updated. So sorry! I guess you could say this last year has been busy! We welcomed our second baby to the world on August 19, 2014.  We are so happy that she's here! I wanted to document the birth story (in a tasteful manner) mostly so that I can always remember these special moments.
From the get-go I have been extremely nervous about baby's size especially with the fact that her brother was almost 9 pounds.  Ive had a few people tell me that your babys usually get bigger and that scared the crap out of me! I'm here to tell you that that is absolutely NOT true and I wont ever be scared again having babies haha. Also, everyone I would talk to would look at my belly and be like "you're NOT going to make it to your due date" and I even began to believe it.  So when I was quickly approaching my due date I didn't understand why I was still pregnant! Fast forward to the Thursday before my due date -- my doctor has been very on top of checking the amniotic fluid around the baby this time around because with Max my levels were dangerously low and they had to induce me immediately.  Well, sure enough at this appt they were low again and I was sent to the hospital for further testing and monitoring.  Of course when the hospital measured, my levels had nearly doubled what they were at the doctors the day before! crazy! my doctor then told me that I could be scheduled to be induced IF I had progressed enough.  I got my Monday the 18th appt to find out that I had progressed literally JUST Enough to be induced the next morning.  I had my time set for 5am on the 18th.  When I called at 4am to make sure they had room for me, they then told me they didn't have a room available and that they would give me a call.  I have heard this could take DAYS and I was SO done being pregnant. haha.  Max had slept over at mike's parents the night before thinking we would go to the hospital early morning.  To our disappointment, we went to pick up max around 10 am ... while we were there my phone rang (my phone rang a billion times that morning and none of them were the hospital) so I didn't expect it to say "Labor & Delivery" !!!! we then took him to my moms to give the other grandparents a little break.  Mike and I were hungry so we quick grabbed a jamba especially knowing you cant eat when youre induced.  We arrived at the hospital around 11 and were finally in our room by noon.  I started on Pitocin and was so curious as to how far I could make it before I would scream for the epidural.  I have such a low tolerance to pain so I knew it wouldn't be much lol.  I was a 4 when I asked for the epidural after my husband explaining to me "why not? youre going to get one anyways... better get it now then when it's too late" smart man he is.  I remember the epidural with max being blissful.  This was the exact opposite.  It took the guy 2 times to get it in the right spot with tons of wiggling and poking.  Crying and shaking through the whole thing because of the contractions I was having in between and I felt like dying with the pain of the epidural going into my back.  that WORE me out.  finally, PEACE.  Finally wasn't feeling contraction and now it was just the waiting game.  around 7pm my nurse was explaining to me that I had stopped progressing and that worried her.  She then told me that baby girl was most likely facing the wrong side for birth ( also known as sunny side up ) which freaked me out because of some horror stories Ive heard of deliveries like that.  We did several different positions to try and flip her but that stubborn little girl wouldn't budge! Finally around 9:30 it was time to push.  By then, my epidural had worn off and I could feel my legs.  Panicked, I told my nurse I needed more meds because I was beginning to feel Everything.  My told me there wasn't time which made me cry of course because I was terrified of the pain I may be feeling.  FINALLY after an hour of pain I have never felt before our sweet London jane came at 10:37PM -- crying instantly (unlike max when he was born) we had the happiest tears.  7 lbs 13 oz (SMALLER than my first baby, YAHOO!) After the excitement was over mike advised me that not only did she come out the wrong way but she also had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck.  My absolute worse fear.  I read too many delivery stories gone bad :/ BUT she was here and healthy and happy.  We are so thrilled to have her home, I love how much more our house feels "full".
We feel so lucky to have Miss London in our home and feel grateful for all those who helped us while we were in the hospital and the meals that have been brought.  I have never felt more blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment